I recently found in the WordPress Repository the Zerys Writer Marketplace plugin. My first reaction was why? There didn’t seem to be a lot of point to the plugin.
The plugin connects the WordPress user to the Zerys Marketplace which offers:
- a project management system for your content
- a marketplace of pre-screened US writers to write your content; and
- once approved it can be exported or downloaded to your blog
You can download the plugin direct from the WordPress repository and upload it or just do a search from your WordPress Dashboard/Plugins menu and install it.
Once installed, you need to sign up for an account. You can sign up for the account within the dashboard area. This simple step did not work with me however so I headed over to the Zerys site and signed up there. It then became obvious that the company is using two sign up forms that are not identical. The one in the WordPress dashboard does not show Company Name and Phone Number as required fields whereas the one on the site does – that’s why I couldn’t sign up!
That task out of the way (which other than the above glitch was painless) it was time to investigate what the plugin does and why on earth it might be useful.
There are tutorial videos on how to use the plugin but frankly I prefer my push a button and see what happens approach to watching video any day of the week 🙂
Creating a Project
Now that you have installed the plugin you will have a new menu in your WordPress dashboard for the Zerys plugin. Clicking on that will take you direct to the Zerys site interface from your dashboard where you will create a project.
Go to My Projects menu and create a new Project.
You can see how the system works in this quick (less than 4 minutes) video below:
Who is this plugin useful for?
- Anyone who outsources their content and needs a dashboard to manage their writers/instructions/projects
- Internet Marketers that outsource content from a number of sources and for different blogs will love the central project management system
- People interested in saving time uploading content to blogs