This week the WordPress weekly round up of new plugins and themes has a real e-commerce bent. There are a lot of resources nowadays both free and premium for e-commerce webmasters and WordPress and in particular Woo Commerce is certainly leading a charge (or avalanche!) of plugins to enhance the e-commerce experience. As well as ecommerce internet marketers are sure to find some useful plugins for either their own sites or from their client’s sites.
Premium WordPress Plugins
Twitter Faces WordPress plugin. Just like the Facebook plugin where you can see the faces of those who have “Liked” your page on your website you can do the same with Twitter. The aim is to build authority using social proof. You can customize the number of faxes, size etc of the faces in the widget.
WP Passive Profits – is a plugin that promises to increase website revenue by up to 37% for your online campaigns. It works for affiliate, cpa and amazon marketers.
Fast Group Deals Plugin – The plugin lets you create limited quality offers on your website (just like sites like Groupon). People can then claim the deal. Social buttons and email have been added to the plugin to ensure that people can spread the news of the deal around the internet.
WP Mobile View Only – this little plugin allows you to insert special mobile view only information on your WordPress site. Say if you just want mobile users to get a coupon, special optin list or a tap to call button then you can just add this information (via a shortcode) to your WordPress pages and they’ll only display on the mobile view of the site. Nifty.
WP2BlogSpot Converter – converts your WordPress site into a blogger blog. It’s aim is to quickly help you clone your money sites on different platforms.
Note: having two blogs with the same content has a low level of “usefulness” – switch it up
WP Paid Comment Plugin – The aim of the plugin is to allow the webmaster to charge for reviewing and approving comments on their blog. The idea is that you increase your revenue and can control seo by turning on or off do follow. Paid comments can also be auto approved and you can adjust pricing per post or globally in whatever currency you fancy.
If you only have a few comments on your blog and lots of lookers and not commenters then this plugin is not going to be helpful for you. It would be unlikely that people would start paying for comments when they are not already commenting. Popular blog = different story and depends on the perceived value to the commenter. The other concern I have is the effect long term on lots of “paid links” in your comment section.
Free WordPress Plugins
Woo Commerce Add Ons
Another Woo Commerce add on (seriously I think Woo Commerce is taking over the repository lately)
Quickly print your DYMO labels from within your WooCommerce order overview.
The WooCommerce Dymo Print plugin adds a quick connection with your DYMO labelwriter within your WooCommerce shop. Now you are able to print shipping address labels in a second!
For more information, check out our website.
This plugin is compatible with WordPress 5.0 and WooCommerce 3.5.
This free version may be used as is. It will only print on DYMO address labels (size 89x36mm – #99012).
If you want more options, other labels and support you can buy WooCommerce DYMO Print Pro for only €29,00.
The plugin adds a new side panel on the order page to allow shop managers to print out DYMO labels on the fly. This is useful for a lot of shops and makes live a lot easier ? .
New DYMO Label Software required
To use WooCommerce DYMO Print you also need to update DYMO Label Software to version 8.7.2. or above.
You might need to empty your browser history and use CTRL-F5 (Windows only) to clear your browser cache.
- Print shipping labels on your DYMO Label Writer in a second
- Print shipping labels from order detail page
- Print shipping labels from order overview page
- Add company name on your labels (optional)
- Add extra info with order number on your labels (optional)
- Localisation: English & Dutch
WooCommerce DYMO Print is fully compatible with WooCommerce 3.5 and above and WordPress 4.9 and above.
Go to WooCommerce > DYMO print, configure and start printing. Simple!
- Current version: 2.0.2
- Rating: 96(27 ratings)
- Downloaded 19,159 times
WooMetrix Cart Conversion Report generates a backend dashboard report that calculates and displays the most important conversion rate for your store.
- Current version: 1.0
- Rating: 20(3 ratings)
- Downloaded 1,012 times
Mobile Plugin Add ons
NEW 2019 UPDATE !!! The Add to home screen WP Plugin now supports the latest versions of WordPress, and its use with the main Progressive Web App (PWA) extensions is highly recommended !
You can now use a PWA WordPress plugin, like SuperPWA for instance, to turn your WordPress blog into a kind of native mobile app, without the constraints of native mobile app (store submission, costs, etc…).
With PWA coupled with Add to home screen WP Plugin, you will be able to display the legendary floating balloon that invites your visitors to add your blog to their iOs device, and then your blog will load as a PWA.
This combination is the best way to increase visitor loyalty, without being obliged to upload a costly native mobile app into App Store and Play Store.
This plugin uses Add to home screen’s Cubiq script to place a floating balloon inviting the user to add a website to their home screen as a standard iOs application.
It’s a good way to retain visitors coming to your blog, especially if you don’t want to develop an expensive application just to let them read articles of your WordPress blog.
The floating balloon is compatible with iPhone/iPod touch, iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone XR and iPad.
See nice demo with the video below :
Check a demo in my blog (load it on an iPhone for instance).
This plugin provides support for language translations. Help me to translate it by notifying me in comments and I’ll add your mo/po files to the official plugin.
Available languages: English, French and German.
Thanks to Julian for the German translation!
Thanks to the functions of the Cubiq script, there are many features and allowed customizations:
- Message: type the message that you want inside the floating window. If you don’t custom the message, the script checks the user’s locale and shows a default message in an appropriate language. You can also force a language.
- Animation: drop, bubble or fade.
- Delays: before showing the message and its duration.
- Expire: minutes before displaying the message again.
- Touch icon: icon of your app but also image while your app is loading.
- Show to returning visitors only: to only target returning visitors and not irritate first time visitors.
- Custom the title of your application.
- Show message on homepage only or on the entire blog.
Keep in touch with me on:
This software is released under the MIT License.
Copyright (c) 2013 Matteo Spinelli, http://cubiq.org/
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person
obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation
files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without
restriction, including without limitation the rights to use,
copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the
Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES
OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND
NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT
HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY,
WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING
FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR
OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
- Current version: 1.5
- Rating: 84(18 ratings)
- Downloaded 30,295 times
Scan-to-Login™ boosts up your site’s security while adding an innovative fun-factor for registration and login. It provides an easy and fun way to register and login simply by scanning a QR Code with a mobile phone.
For maintenance and reporting please click Here.
For any issue please contact our Support.
With Scan-to-Login your site will have 2-Factor authentication using our patented technology that combines the user’s mobile phone and the website’s authorization and registration/login functionality.
Unique passwords are created and used by Scan-to-Login that are long, randomly generated and also include special characters to further increase security.
Its quick and convenient for your visitors to register and login just by scanning a QR Code embedded on your site.
Visitors no longer need to remember complicated passwords and username combinations, they can just simply scan the QR Code and enter the site letting Scan-to-Login do all the work.
Innovative Fun Technology:
The embedded QR Codes are fully customizable to fit in with your site’s look and feel.
Enhance the fun-factor of your site by giving your visitors a new and exciting way to login and interact on your website.
Zapper and Scan-to-Login
Scan-to-Login works in conjunction with our lightweight mobile application, Zapper™. It is a high-performance, multi language QR Code scanner with no Ads, is 100% free and is used to decode QR Codes quickly and accurately. The Zapper app is available on nearly all application stores. Download Zapper on iTunes and Google Play
Watch this space as more exciting features and functionality for Scan-to-Login are due for release in the near future.
For more information on Zapper please see www.zapper.com
How It Works
With the Scan-to-Login plugin installed on your website, visitors can simply scan the QR Code, to either complete a new registration or use an existing login to enter your website straight from their mobile device.
In order to use Scan-to-Login you will need to register as a Merchant on the Zapper website. This will allow you to customize the desired login fields required to register and login to your website using Scan-to-Login (Please see Installation for more info on how to set this up)
Registration and Login
A new visitor to your site:
- A new visitor scans the QR Code on your website with the Zapper app.
- The required fields will be chosen by you when you register as a merchant on the Zapper website (see Installation for more info). These are loaded on the visitor’s mobile device.
- The visitor is prompted to complete these fields on their mobile.
- If the visitor has previously completed their profile on the Zapper app they will already have all, or most of the fields saved on their device and these will automatically be passed to your website’s registration fields at scan.
- Any additional fields that your site may require will be prompted for at this point on the visitor’s device.
- The completed registration data is then passed to your site’s backend and the visitor will be registered on your website.
- The visitor will then automatically be logged into the site without having to type anything into the actual site.
- The registration information is stored securely on the mobile device, using 128-bit SSL encryption, making subsequent logins to the site quick and easy for the user.
A returning visitor to your site:
- A visitor who has already registered on your site will scan the QR Code for the first time.
- The visitor is prompted on their mobile device for the username and password for your website.
- The visitor enters these login credentials on the device and is automatically logged into your site without typing anything into the website.
- The login information is stored securely on the mobile device, using 128-bit SSL encryption, making subsequent logins to the site quick and easy for the user.
For more information please visit Scan-to-Login
Need some help?
Please contact us on [email protected] and we will get back to you.
- Current version: 2.1.201
- Rating: 80(4 ratings)
- Downloaded 7,120 times
The Diffen comparison plugin allows WordPress bloggers to easily search for and embed a comparison on their blog.
You can compare anything on Diffen – baseball players, credit cards, computer processors, religions, countries, companies…you get the idea. We wanted to share with WordPress bloggers this ability to compare anything. And we wanted to do it seamlessly so you would not have to leave your editing interface inside WordPress to do this search.
So how does it work?
The plugin adds a new button to your editing dashboard. Geniuses that we are, we called it “Add a Comparison” because that is exactly what the plugin helps you do. This button is right next to the Add Media button and functions in a very similar fashion. Click on the button and an overlay pops up that allows you to search for the comparison. Simply enter the two things you want to compare and hit Enter.
If Diffen has the data you need (it usually does), you will see a nicely formatted comparison chart for your search terms. One click and the chart will be added to your blog post. WordPress does not allow iFrames (like YouTube embeds) to be viewed inside the editor but rest assured it’s there. Preview your post and you will see it. You might have to adjust the height attribute sometimes but for the most part, it just works. Like magic. Happy comparing!
Under the covers:
Technically-minded users may be interested in what happens behind the scenes. The plugin searches Diffen and when it finds the comparison being requested, embeds an iFrame into the blog post (just like a YouTube or Slideshare embed).
What if the search does not return anything?
This is v0.1 for the Diffen comparison plugin. We are working on expanding the feature set so that the service automatically pulls in content from Wikipedia if it’s not available on Diffen. We will launch this soon and the best part is that you will NOT have to upgrade the plugin to benefit from this feature. It will “just work.”
- Current version: 2.1
- Downloaded 1,466 times
It’s a simple plugin that calculates the remaining reading time as you scroll down. In order for it to work, all it takes is activating it, and the plugin will run without further ado. Also, this plugin operates over the post, rather than over the website.
- Current version: 1.2
- Rating: 100(2 ratings)
- Downloaded 1,427 times
Clickbank WordPress Plugin (Niche Storefront)
Clickbank® is the World’s Largest Digital Info Product Store. As a Clickbank affiliate, one can make tons of CASH by promoting these products.
The most effective way to earn with CB products is targetted marketing, also known as niche marketing.
Niche storefronts contains only a set of products that all relate to a certain subject, for example “green energy” or “energy saving”.
Using this plugin, you can host a niche storefront of your choice to your existing wordpress blog with just few clicks.
More than 60 premade niches to choose from!
Easy to install. Just add this shortcode to any WordPress page/post:
CBproAds.com Unique Features
We are only plugin provider that offers IMPROVED title & descriptions of every clickbank products.
We frame the title & description of each products according to end users point of view. Many of our
competitor plugins show the raw title & description from Clickbank’s marketplace which is
non-informative to end users. Those are framed by Clickbank vendors just for attracting clickbank affiliates
to promote their products. Please see below an example that shows the difference between them.
Raw Clickbank title & description:
[Fat Loss4 Idiots. Our Top Affiliate Has Banked More than $1,00,000 In Just few Months! Earn 66% and get paid $23.15 per sale!]
CBproAds Improved title & description:
[Fat Loss4 Idiots. Learn the 10 idiot proof rules of dieting & fat loss And lose 9lbs every 11 Days! ]
In other plugins, you are required to update your storefront with clickbank’s data feed everyday. If you fail to update it often,
your storefront may not synchronized with Clickbank®’s maketplace data which is crucial not to lose your commissions.
At CBproAds, instead of importing Clickbank XML feed directly on to your storefront, you share our central XML data feed.
Our central XML data feed is updated every day and contains only IMPROVED title & descriptions of each products.
As soon as we update it with Clickbank’s data feed everyday, it will get reflected on your plugins also automatically.
In short, there is no further maintenance/actions needed from your side with our plugin.
You just install and forget. We do take care of every thing.
Clickbank.com® often changes it’s marketplace data XML feed structure. With our plugin, Clickbank’s changes will never
affect your storefront as you share our IMPROVED central XML feed rather than using clickbank’s XML feed directly.
We make sure that when ever a change is made by Clickbank, our central XML feed is too updated according to that structure and so yours too.
We are the only site that provides product image cover of each products in your storefront.
We are the only site that provides price information of each products in your storefront.
NO brainstorming settings. It is easy to install and hardly take few seconds to set up.
You have also have the option of installing from 60 premade readymade niche packages.
Each package contains wordpress installation files, a theme, necessary plugins, videos, articles,
banner/ adsense widgets to every thing that will help you to build a full fledged
niche storefront. If you have already have a wordpress installed and want to install this
readymade niche package, please install on a fresh folder in your domain and use a different Mysql Database
that is not used with your existing wordpress blog.
In case, if you wish to use our plugin only, you can skip this step.
- Current version: 1.3.0
- Rating: 30(2 ratings)
- Downloaded 11,618 times
Easy Watermark can automatically add watermark to images as they are uploaded to wordpress media library. You can also watermark existing images manually (all at once or an every single image). Watermark can be an image, text or both.
- image watermark can be a jpg, png or gif
- full support for transparency and alpha chanel in png and gif files
- jpg files, gif files and text can have opacity set (from 0 to 100%)
- text watermark is created using ttf fonts
- text color, size and rotation can be set
- all built-in image sizes can be watermarked (thumbnail, medium, large and fullsize) as well as all additional sizes registered by themes or plugins (since 0.4.3)
- since 0.6 there is a possibility to remove watermark by restoring the original image
- fully translatable
- French (by Regis Brisard)
- Spanish (http://abitworld.com/)
If you have made a translation and want to contribute with it to Easy Watermark, please e-mail me.
- Current version: 0.7.2
- Rating: 80(85 ratings)
- Downloaded 264,595 times
Sell Downloads features:
» Sell Downloads is a WordPress eCommerce » Allows selling digital files like audio,video,documents,pictures,etc. » Allows to filter products by types of files » Includes multiple layouts for the store » Allows paging and sorting the results by popularity, price or file name » Uses PayPal as payment gateway » Allows sharing products in social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+) » Allows to associate additional information to the products » Allows to protect the files with the inclusion of a file's demo » The demo files will be displayed directly on browser, whether are enabled the corresponding plugins in browser
Sell Downloads is an WordPress eCommerce for selling downloadable files: audio, video, documents, pictures all that may be published in Internet. Sell Downloads uses PayPal as payment gateway, making the sale process easy and secure.
Create an e-commerce for sell digital files never was more easy than with “Sell Downloads”, the majority of e-commerce plugins are developed thinking in tangible products and does the sale’s process very complex. An ecommerce that pretends to sale only digital files must to coexist with data related to tangible products, configure shipping cost, etc, “Sell Downloads” doesn’t need any of previous data. With “Sell Downloads” is required only define the PayPal data and the products to sell.
More about the Main Features:
- Allows selling your digital files via PayPal. PayPal is the payment gateway by excellence, very easy to use and very secure.
- Allows a custom setup of the ecommerce, with ability to filter products by types of files, paging and sorting the results by popularity, price or file name, making of “Sell Downloads” a very configurable plugin.
- Allows to associate additional information to the products. For example, if are selling a book and like to associate a link to other books of the same editorial, or a page of reviews from critics, this field would be the option for do it.
- Allows to protect the files with the inclusion of a file’s demo. Monographies, videos, songs and many other digital files, allow the creation of a version for demo. It is very hard to sell a song if the possible customers never hear at least a part of it, similar happen with videos and its trailers or the monographies and its abstracts.
- Includes a module to track sales statistics. With the statistics module is possible to know the amount of sales, the discounts applied or coupon used, and check the total of earnings by the ecommerce in a period of time. The statistics module allows to display animated charts with specific reports like: sales by currency, country or products.
The “Sell Downloads” plugin allows the specific integration with the following editors:
- Classic WordPress Editor.
- Gutenberg Editor.
- Page Builder by SiteOrigin.
- For other editors, the shortcodes should be inserted using other controls of general purpose, like the controls for inserting HTML or shortcodes.
The base plugin, available for free from the WordPress Plugin Directory has all the features you need to create a ecommerce for sell downloads on your website.
Inserting and using the basic “Sell Downloads” plugin.
- Allows to enable a shopping cart. With a shopping cart is possible to sell multiple products in the same purchase action, the customers will appreciate this feature.
- Allows to insert a specific product in a post or page. The product is available as widget to be inserted in the website’s sidebars.
- Allows to insert a product list in a post or page. The products can be selected between the most rated, the newest, or top selling. The product list is available as widget to be inserted in the website’s sidebars.
- Allows to define sales discounts. It is usual in the e-commerce create sales campaigns, define discounts for products or events (like mothers day, the Christmas,etc.), to promote the sales. The “Sell Downloads” allows to define shop’s discounts, and display the previous and new prices of products.
- Allows to define discount coupons. The coupons are an excellent tool to know where is the origin of sales and create (like in discounts definition) sales campaings, but directed to a specific sector or website. The coupons are applied to all sales from the ecommerce.
Inserting and using the premium “Sell Downloads” plugin.
Demo of Premium Version of Plugin
Are safe the downloads links?
The security in the access to products files is determined in different ways.
- The products files can’t be accessed directly. The purchased files are stored in a special directory called sd-downloads, the sd-downloads directory includes a .htaccess file that forbid the access from browser. The files can be accessed only through a server side script that validates the purchase.
- The Store determines the validity of download links based in three options, available in the settings page of plugin.
It is possible define a time period, in days, where a download link is considered valid. If a user tries to download a purchased product, the Store checks the date of purchasing.
The Store may be configured to request the email address used in the purchasing to check the validity of download link.
It is possible define a limit of downloads by purchase. If a user tries to download a product, the Sell Downloads checks how many downloads have been made.
If you want more information about this plugin don’t hesitate in checking the plugin’s website:
Inserting a products list, and products, in pages or sidebars of website (only available in the premium version of plugin).
Setting up of shop
Sell Downloads can be set up via the menu: “Sell Downloads > Sell Downloads Settings”. The setup screen offers general settings for the shop, allows entering the PayPal data required to process sales and texts that will be used for the email notifications with the download links of the purchased files.
The setup interface of commerce includes the following fields:
- URL of store page: Enter the URL of the webpage where the ecommerce was inserted. The URL of the store will be used to return from the product page to the shop page.
- Allow searching by taxonomies: Modifies the search process of WordPress to allow the products be found by their taxonomies.
- Allow to filter by type: Inserts a field into the shopping webpage that allows to filter products by type (jpg, mp3, doc,….)
- Store layout: Allows select one of the multiple layouts available for the store.
- Allow multiple pages: Allows paging through the shop’s products.
- Items per page: Defines the number of products per page in the commerce’s page.
- Share in social networks: Display a group of buttons for sharing the products in the social networks(like Facebook, Twitter and Google+)
- Facebook app id for sharing in Facebook: App id for sharing the website’s links in Facebook.
Payment gateway data (PayPal)
- Enable PayPal Payments: Allows the sale of products through PayPal.
- PayPal email: Enter the email address associated with the PayPal account.
- Currency: Symbol of the currency in which payments are accepted.
- PayPal language: Preferred language of the PayPal interface.
- PayPal button: Select the PayPal button design.
- Increase the download page security: Requests the email used in product’s purchase from the download page.
- Download link valid for: Set an expire time for the download links.
Discount settings applied to the sales of the ecommerce. In the shopping cart the discount is applied to the total sale cost(premium version)
- Percent to discount: Enter the percent to discount to the total sale cost.
- Valid for sales over than: Apply discount to sales superior to this value.
- Valid from (dd/mm/yyyy): Apply discount from the entered date.
- Valid to (dd/mm/yyyy): Apply discount until the entered date.
- Promotional text: Text to promote the discount.
Coupon settings applied to all sales of the ecommerce(premium version)
- Percent to discount: Enter the percent to discount to the total sale cost.
- Coupon: Enter the coupon code.
- Valid from (dd/mm/yyyy): The coupon is valid from the entered date.
- Valid to (dd/mm/yyyy): The coupon is valid to the entered date.
Notification Settings, both for buyers to complete a payment, and the shop manager
- Notification “from” email: E-mail address that will appear as the sender of notifications.
- Send notification to email: Email address where a notification is sent after each sale.
- Subject of user confirmation email: Subject of the confirmation email sent to the customer when making the purchase.
- Email confirmation to user: Body of message sent to the customer when making the purchase. The message should include the tag %INFORMATION% which will be replaced by the purchase data, like the download link.
- Subject of email notification to admin: Subject of email notification sent to the administrator when a purchase is made.
- Email notification to admin: Body of the email message sent to the administrator when a purchase is made. The message text should include the tag %INFORMATION%, which will be replaced by the purchase data.
Affiliate Royale Integration, if the Affiliate Royale plugin is installed on the website, and you want integrate it with the store.
Creating product for commerce
The shop allows to sell possible digital files (video, audio, documents, etc). To create a product press the menu option “Sell Downloads > Products for Sale”. Initially it displays the list of products entered previously and a set of data associated with the product: Product Name, File Type, Downloads, Purchases and Date (screenshot-2)
To enter a new product/file to the shop press “Add New”.
The interface for entering data pertaining to a product is described below (screenshot-3):
- Enter Title Here: Enter the title-name of the product to display in the shop page and the product page.
- Description: Description of the product. This field is optional, but offers the opportunity to provide additional information about the product, this information is displayed only in the product page.
- Sales Price: Retail price of the product.
- File for sale: URL of the file to sell. The button associated with the field displays the WordPress media gallery making it easy to select the file.
- File for demo: URL file demo. The file for demo may be accessed from the ecommerce page.The button associated with the field displays the WordPress media gallery making it easy to select the file.
- File Type: Select a file type from the list or enter a new one if it is not yet on the list. The file type allow filtering the products in the shop page.
- Image: URL of an image that represents the product, the product image is shown in the ecommerce page and product page. The button associated with the field displays the WordPress media gallery making it easy to select the file.
- Duration: Enter a value with time format. Useful for Audio and Video files. With other files types the fields may be let empty.
- Publication Year: Enter a value with year format. Useful for files associated with a date, as the creation or publication date , for example a book or monograph.
- Additional Information: URL of a webpage with additional information about the product.
Programming a discount for the specific product(premium version)
- New price: The new price to apply to the product. The old and new prices will shown in pages of the ecommerce and the specific product.
- Valid from (dd/mm/yyyy): Apply discount from the entered date.
- Valid to (dd/mm/yyyy): Apply discount until the entered date.
- Promotional text: Text to promote the discount. The promoting text will be shown in the shop page.
Publishing the “Sell Downloads” ecommerce
The “Sell Downloads” ecommerce can be posted on a page or post of WordPress. To insert the “Sell Downloads” shop go to the relevant section (page or post) and press the “Sell Downloads” button above the content editor of post/page(screenshot-4), the action displays a setup screen (screenshot-5)
Interface for insertion dialog
- Filter results by products type: by default, displays only products that belong to a specified type.
- Columns: Defines the number of columns in the shop page.
The insertion process generates a shortcode which will be replaced by the shop when it is displayed on the website.
Note: After inserting the ecommerce on a page of your WordPress, it is advisable to copy the URL of the relevant page, and enter in the “Sell Downloads” setup section, to allow the users to return to the shop from the product page.
Through the shortcode it is possible define some attribute for change the store’s settings:
columns: Enter the number of columns to display the products in the store with a grid format. By default the value of “columns” attribute is 1.
filter_by_type: The values allowed are 1 or 0, and shows or hide the filtering by product’s type in the header section of the store’s page.
[sell_downloads columns="3" filter_by_type="1"]
show_order_by: The values allowed are 1 or 0, and shows or hide the “Order by” options in the header section of the store’s page.
[sell_downloads columns="3" show_order_by="1"]
order_by: The values allowed are: plays, price, post_title, post_date. Allows ordering the products in the store’s page by the criteria defined in the attribute.
[sell_downloads columns="3" order_by="post_title"]
Interface for insertion dialog of product (the products list is available as widget to be inserted in the website’s sidebars)(the option is available only in the premium version of “Sell Downloads” plugin)
- Enter the product’s ID (screenshot-6)
The insertion process generates a shortcode which will be replaced by the product when it is displayed on the website.
Interface for insertion dialog of product list (the products list is available as widget to be inserted in the website’s sidebars)(the option is available only in the premium version of “Sell Downloads” plugin)
- Select the type of list: it is possible insert the list of top rated products, the newest or top selling.
- Number of products to show: enter the number of products to display in the list.
- Number of columns: enter the number of columns.
The insertion process generates a shortcode which will be replaced by the list of products when it is displayed on the website.
The products list, and specific products, can be inserted as widgets on sidebars (screenshot-8)
When a sale takes place, a notification email is sent to the shop manager. However, sales can also be reviewed in Sales Reports. To do this, go to option “Sell Downloads > Sales Reports”(screenshot-9)
The Reports section allows you to filter sales reports over a specific period, by default it shows the current day’s sales. It also shows sales’ totals for the selected period and the currency of the sales (screenshot-10)
The statistics module allows to display animated charts for specific reports like: sales by currency, sales by country, or by products.
You can delete a sales report from the list of sales. This may be useful in case of a refund granted to a buyer, and allows to keep your sales statistics updated with the actual purchases.
- Current version: 1.0.83
- Rating: 84(18 ratings)
- Downloaded 54,489 times
The only theme that took my eye this week is the Premo Press Ecommerce Theme. The theme is aimed at offliners who build websites for real brick and mortar stores to sell their products online. Three things I like about the theme a) easy to customize and use b) responsive c) white label licence. The price also pretty sweet at the moment too.
Whilst I don’t own this theme, I do own other themes produced by Premo Press and they work like a charm.